Billboards and TV commercials are the dinosaurs of marketing. Nowadays, everyone wants online and mobile marketing services. The first step to making a mobile campaign work is to find a reliable SMS provider. SMS stands for “Short Message Service,” which is just a fancy way of saying “text message.” Choosing the right technology company to help you create your marketing messages will ensure that your business grows, your conversions increase and your campaigns will have no down-time. Providers range from small local agencies to large national or international companies.
How To Choose SMS Providers
When choosing a provider, ask the following questions:
- Which wireless companies does the provider work with? Can you send messages via Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint?
- Is there a set up fee? How about a monthly fee? An annual renewal fee?
- Is SMS services provided by long-term contract or month-to-month?
- What forms of payment does the SMS provider accept?
- Is customer service responsive and helpful?
- Are there educational materials to help marketers prepare more effective campaigns?
- How user-friendly is the SMS technology?
- Is the provider a reseller or the creator of the technology?
Now What Happens?
Once you choose and sign-up with your SMS provider, you can begin mobile marketing by:
- Choosing a keyword that users will text to you as an “opt-in” to your promotion.
- Getting a short code number (which is like a phone number but shorter and easier to remember.)
- Promoting your text campaign via other channels (like social media, print/billboard ads, or commercials.)
- Following up with this new base of subscribers with 160-character messages.
Don’t just rush to mobile marketing because it’s the “new kid on the block.” Take some time to come up with a thoughtful strategy and consider if this tool will be an asset to your business. For example, if you run a local plumbing company, people may not want to be receiving coupons by phone or news announcements of all your company has been up to. On the other hand, if you operate a retail clothing store, your customers may really appreciate alerts to the latest sales and money off your merchandise. With text message marketing, there can definitely be “too much of a good thing,” so you will want to be conscientious of this reality.
At AvidMobile, we pride ourselves in coaching you every step of the way. Not only will you find over 40 hours of educational resources on our site, but our customer care reps are always willing to help you get started — whether you need a mobile website or tips on how to use our technology. Call 1-877-511-MOBI to learn more or visit www.avidmobile.com to try a demo of our mobile marketing service!